Due to changes on the Tensor circuit board, there are different firmware packages based on serial number. The firmware is identical, but the firmware update will fail if you use the wrong file for your pedal (it will not damage your pedal).
Serial number 108-067000 and higher:
Use the tensor_mm.nn.pp.xxx.zip firmare update file (example: tensor_188.8.131.52.zip). These pedals were built starting in late 2018 and have a square opening in the enclosure around the USB port. The VERSION.TXT file (see below) will say “Bootloader 1.1” or a later version.
Serial number 108-066999 and lower:
Use the tensor_rev_abc_mm.nn.pp.dmg (Mac) or tensor_rev_abc_mm.nn.pp.zip (Windows) firmware update file (example: tensor_rev_abc_1.1.2.zip). These pedals were built in 2018 and have a slightly rounded opening in the enclosure around the USB port. The VERSION.TXT file (see below) will say “Bootloader 1.0”.
To tell which version of firmware your pedal is currently running:
1. Hold down both footswitches and connect power.
2. The blue LED will blink.
3. Continue holding both footswitches for 2 seconds.
4. The blue LED will turn solid. The pedal is now in USB Mass Storage mode.
5. Connect the pedal to the computer using a mini USB cable.
6. Open the TENSOR drive on your computer.
7. Open the VERSION.TXT file in a text editor.