The Particle’s firmware can be updated via drag and drop using any Mac or PC.
To download the firmware:
1. Go to http://www.redpandalab.com/downloads/#particle
2. Download the firmware (.zip) file to your computer.
3. Unzip the downloaded file to extract the binary firmware file (.bin).
• Do not rename the extracted file.
• Never disconnect the pedal’s power while an update is in progress. Otherwise the system software or the pedal itself may be destroyed.
1. Hold down the left footswitch and connect power.
2. The right LED will blink blue.
3. Continue holding the footswitch for 2 seconds.
4. The LED will turn solid blue. The pedal is now in USB Mass Storage mode.
5. Connect the pedal to the computer using a mini USB cable.
6. Open the PARTICLE drive on your computer.
7. Drag and drop the firmware binary (.bin) file to the PARTICLE drive.
8. The red preset LEDs will light in sequence to show progress.
9. After the firmware update is complete, the LED will turn solid green. If an error occurred, the LED will blink red instead.
NOTE: If the firmware update seems to stall on one of the preset LEDs, eject the PARTICLE drive from your computer and it should resume (move ahead to step 11). If not, retry the procedure.
10. Once you have a solid green LED, eject the PARTICLE drive from your computer:
Mac: click the eject button or drag the PARTICLE icon to the trash
Windows: right-click on the PARTICLE icon in My Computer and select “Eject”
11. Disconnect power.
If the left LED blinks red, disconnect power and try again. If you continue to have problems, please email email@example.com.
Please tell us which LEDs are on, what type of computer, and which operating system you are using.